Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Three sisters and me

There were a few different aspects about the Three Sisters that I could write about. I really did not like this play at all though. The play had a few different twists and turns throughout the story that were hard for me to keep track of everything. This was more of a feminine play then anything. It focused on the woman and their troubles in life. I don’t really like to criticize a piece of work like this but wow. I thought Antigone was slow but this actually put me to sleep. I tried to get into the story as much as I could but it could not keep my interest longer then ten minutes at a time.

The story focused on a family with three sisters and the men in their lives. Basically about all the troubles that happen to people in their lives. Mainly the women though, trying to find someone to love and going threw all the troubles that come into their life’s. This was only really significant though if these events actually mirrored events in ones life. These events discussed I never had happen to me and did not really care about. I know this play was made for females so I tried not to judge it so much. If it was called three brothers I’m assuming it would have been right up my ally.

All in all I would give this play about 6 out of 10. I went into this thinking it was going to be funny, big mistake. Next time I will know better then to expect a lot of a play that has only women in the title. The acting was alright but could have been better with some. The scenery was good but maybe could have a little more to spice things up. But the story just didn’t do it for me. I could see how this play could really relate to some people and why all the girls in the class seemed to love it.

No comments: