Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Late is better then Never

Three Sisters Directing

I really enjoyed this show. It was really a new experience. I had never been to that theatre before, and I enjoyed the varieties of different stage spaces we saw at the time. I think that the director chose a lot of well pieces for this play. First off lets go with the casting; most of the people fit their costumes and parts of the play. I really believe that the director casted: Irina, the two soldiers whose names were never mentioned, Masha’s husband, and Olga for the right parts. I don’t know how the director first imagined Masha herself to be, but when I first sat down I thought she was the mother and not the sister. I think as well that the General and Doctor were well casted on the director’s part. So I think that the acting for Three Sisters was remarkable on some of the actors that the director had chosen, and questionable of the directors point of view with a couple of people. Another thing that the director had done that I thought was really exciting and new was the stage space. It was so fascinating, because it was a mixture: between a black-box, an arena, and a thrust stage all combined into one spot. It really blew my mind, because in this instance I thought that the arena was well used this time around, and that the director chose well the movement and the setting of the arena in the play itself. I think in a grading of the elements themselves that the director would be in the top two, because of how much time you could see that they put into this piece of art to represent themselves. I thoroughly enjoyed this show.


~Nici Benois~

1 comment:

Jordan said...

I agree with some of the stuff you say here. I like some of the actors but others i thought really needed some work or maybe should not have been in it.