Sunday, April 26, 2009

Frost/Nixon Acting

So I finally was able to see Frost/Nixon! I actually enjoyed it, which surprised me. I wasn't expecting to find it so amusing and entertaining. I actually went with my dad to see it, he was pretty excited to see it!

I talked with him after wards and also watched youtube videos of the actual Frost/Nixon interviews. I was very impressed by the actor Bill Christ who played Nixon. As my father said, he very skillfully embodied Nixon. He had his mannerisms down, how he spoke, how he walked, how he moved his hands. He was a fantastic actor!

As for David Townsend, the actor who played David Frost, was quite good also. He also definitely did his homework and was able to embody David Frost brilliantly.

As for the extras, they were fantastic also. They all took on their roles and played them. They were not "acting" but rather becoming someone else. There is a difference!

Overall, I thought the acting was quite professional and more than just acting. Everyone in the cast skillfully took on their roles to make the production real. It's quite funny to hear my dad say, yeah, that's what Nixon and Frost really were like. That just proves that the actors were able to take on their character correctly. That's quite hard when impersonating a real person, especially when they are no longer around. I gave a round of applause, for sure.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

I was the same way when i walked in. I thought it was going to be slow and dull. I really enjoyed it and thought the acting was fantastic. I also watched the old interviews and was blown away how close they were.

Anonymous said...

I think the thing that made it more enjoyable for me was the fact that there were older people in the audience who laughed at the jokes. And because the atmosphere in the theatre was already light-hearted, I laughed along with them all.

But when the interviews began, everyone was so quiet and did not look away for even a second to see anything else. They were so intently watching the interview, as if they had really been there, watching the real Nixon and real Frost.