Monday, June 15, 2009

Frost/Nixon

This was a great production, I really enjoyed it. After the play I had the opportunity to watch the movie. I found out that the movie was adapted from the play, between the movie and the theater production there was little to no difference, except one being on stage and the other a film.
As a member of the Audience I did not feel at anytime bored or that the actors lost my attention. The stage was a Proscenium Arch and the house was full. It was 1hour and 45 minutes with no intermission (you did not realize how fast time flew). The playwright did an incredible job in researching the actual events before writing his play because the interview was very close to the actual interview.
I appreciated how simple, yet interesting the sets were. The crew did a fantastic job in switching scenes, moved very quickly, which really helped in not losing track of the story. I especially enjoyed the airplane scene. Rarely do we get to see scenes, such on airplanes, on stage, it is very usual in movie productions, so when I saw it, that I loved it. The use of projector screens was very appropriate for this play. The marriage of TV and real life acting worked. I almost felt like I was watching Frost’s interview at home.
I really enjoyed this production.
Thank You
James L

No comments: